Friends of Math & Science
The Friends of Math and Science (FOMAS) is a 501(c)3, parent-run, non-profit booster organization formed to support the North Springs Charter High School Math and Science Magnet program, and more recently, the Math/Science Academy. Its purpose is to benefit the students through parent and community volunteerism, as well as financial and collaborative support.
Math and science education is one of the most important components of a 21st century education. We view North Springs Charter High School’s Math and Science Magnet program as uniquely preparing students to excel in science, technology, engineering, and math, and creating leaders in these areas for the future. It deserves our support.
FOMAS Supported Activities
- Math/Science E-News – a newsletter to learn what’s happening
- Science Fair (event support/mini grants)
- Community Support in the Magnet & Academy
- COMAP (36-hour math competition)
- Supports Math Team/Science Bowl/Science Olympiad/Robotics Team
- Math and Science Banquet
- Event and Classroom Speakers
- Teacher and Classroom Support
In recent years we have funded three interactive white boards for the Math department, arranged for Northside Hospital to donate two hospital beds to the Health Occupations program at NSCHS, worked with the Sandy Springs Education Force to advance Technology and Engineering education (first activity was a Robotics exhibition at North Springs), and last year, we provided transportation for a student and teacher to Istanbul, Turkey, to represent the U.S. in an international science competition.
Calling All Parents!
- Become a member of our organization!
- See the attached list of Volunteer Opportunities. Spend your required charter volunteer hours helping out at one of the events or initiatives we sponsor.
- Sign up for our newsletter to keep your family informed of student events, opportunities and accolades.